Jazz Arranging book
Following in the footsteps of Rayburn Wright's seminal work, Inside the Score, this book gives a guided tour into the techniques and musical concepts in these six scores by masters of large ensemble jazz writing.
This immense labor of love includes:
- Analysis of the lead sheet reductions of each song
- Annotated full scores with special features extracted in concert pitch for easier realization
- Biographies of and interviews with the artists, exploring each one's creative process
- A link to free software - Orchestrators ToolKit - an invaluable aid for composers
- Recordings readily available for all scores
- Spiral-bound, 9x12 format for easy reading on a music stand or piano rack
- Over 400 pages!