Nelson Faria and Cliff Korman
Piano, Guitar, Bass and Drums book
This is the first book/audio package ever published that provides an opportunity for bassists, guitarists, pianists and drummers to interact and play-along with a master Brazilian rhythm section. Perfect for practicing both accompanying and soloing.
The book provides over 100 pages of valuable information, including the charts for the CD download tracks and sample parts for each instrument, transcribed from the recording.
Players at all levels will find inspiration and guidance as they learn eight of the most common styles of Brazilian music - Samba, Bossa Nova, Partido-Alto, Choro, Baião, Frevo, Marcha-Rancho and Afoxé.
Includes two play-along CDs featuring:
- Nelson Faria — guitar (author of The Brazilian Guitar Book)
- Cliff Korman — piano (NY/Brazil recording artist)
- Paulo Braga — drums (drummer with Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- David Finck — acoustic bass (NY Jazz & Brazilian recording artist)
- Itaiguara Brandao — electric bass (NY/Brazil recording artist)
- Café — percussion (Brazil's best-known percussionist)
"This book makes me want to pick up my bass and play! It's a great method to learn and practice Brazilian rhythms and an outstanding contribution to music instruction. We've needed this for a long time!”
— John Patitucci, bassist
"This book is a marvel that shows you what it takes to achieve those wonderful grooves on the samba, bossa nova and other Brazilian rhythms. It is a must for any serious student of Brazilian music.”
— Kenny Barron, pianist