The most highly acclaimed jazz piano method ever published!
- Over 300 pages with complete chapters on Intervals and triads.
- The major modes and II-V-I, 3-note voicings, Sus. and phrygian Chords.
- Adding notes to 3-note voicings, Tritone substitution, Left-hand voicings.
- Altering notes in left-hand Stride and Bud Powell voicings.
- Block chords, Comping ...and much more!
"This is one of the finest new jazz instruction books on the market. Written by an experienced, professional jazz player, the book is practical and unpretentious, with lots of valuable information for the beginning, intermediate or advanced improviser. The informality of his style cannot hide Mark's seriousness, attention to detail and true love of jazz piano.”
— Richie Beirach
"A brilliant, comprehensive, exciting and highly readable book. It unlocks door after door of contemporary piano jazz sounds.”
— Down Beat
"For anyone who is interested in acquiring the basics of contemporary jazz piano playing, this book is a must!”
— Hal Galper
"The Jazz Piano Book is a comprehensive text (with) in-depth explanations supported by many superb musical examples in every chapter. A comprehensive text (with) smooth progress from easy material to more advanced techniques.”
— Jazz Educators Journal